2002 wrx turbo surge while idling - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2002 wrx turbo surge while idling within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Yes, that is what controls the boost. You said you replaced the lines. Did you remember the restrictor pill? Posted ...

Re: 2002 wrx turbo surge while idling

Yes, that is what controls the boost. You said you replaced the lines. Did you remember the restrictor pill?

Posted from a fone.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the hose with the restrictor pill seemed to be the only one that was still good.

Re: 2002 wrx turbo surge while idling

Then either your car is pulling boost for some reason or your boost solenoid has taken a dump. There are 2 green test jumpers under the steering column, plug those in, turn the key to acc, then listen for the solenoid clicking.

If not, there's your problem. If it does click, reset your ecu and go for a quick test drive, if you still have low boost. A data log will be VERY beneficial, can you get one?

Oh and I'm getting an invalid attachment man.

Posted from a fone.

yeah i tested the bcs but just off the battery and it clicked just fine. how do i reset my ecu. i had one guy say something about it being an issue with the wastegate actuator needing to be adjusted any thoughts on that? ill try to re post the link Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-10-06_15-36-53_1.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	108710

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12