What green label MAF sensor should I get?

This is a discussion on What green label MAF sensor should I get? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi I need to replace the MAF on my 94 WRX - it is a green label type so can ...

m9g

Hi

I need to replace the MAF on my 94 WRX - it is a green label type so can i just get another green label MAF? there are a few on fleabay all with green labels and the main code is the same 22680 AA160 A36-000 R60 but the black coloured code in the white box on the label is different - will this matter?

Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

m9g
    Thanks - that explains the different versions - these on fleabay have exactly the same green label and code apart from a black code written in a white box - cheers anyway

I Support ClubWRX
    Try cleaning your existing unit with an electronics cleaner (not brake cleaner!). Treat it carefully, as if it's part of electronics kit and not a car. See if that helps.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

m9g
    Ok will do thanks

m9g
    Took it off this evening and it doesnt look like it needs cleaning, still looks brand new, i plugged in the 2 black connectors under the dash to see if any faults codes came out and nothing, all seems fine, is there a way to test a maf with a multimeter? or whats my next check?

Cheers

I Support ClubWRX

There is but I don't know the procedure off hand.