Keyless Remote Issues

This is a discussion on Keyless Remote Issues within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have an 04 WRX and lately, the remote has been a pain in the ass. I changed the battery ...

Keyless Remote Issues

I have an 04 WRX and lately, the remote has been a pain in the ass. I changed the battery and still it takes me sometimes 5 solid minutes of repeatedly pushing the blue unlock button for it to work. Other times, it works just fine. When its not working and Im pushing the unlock button, the red light lights up every time, which led me and a friend to believe the issue is in the car and the remote is sending the signal just fine. I dont know if the remote needs to be reprogrammed or if there is a deeper issue. Anyone ever have this issue or possibly know what it is? Thanks a lot
    2004 PSM WRX Kartboy Short Shifter, SPT Cold Air Intake, TurboXS Turboback Exhaust, Cobb AccessPort Stage II
    Blobeye Syndicate #123
    Dirty Crew #123

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I know my 09 has had an issue with certain areas where it wouldn't work at all. I don't know if there is something interfearing with the signal or just cheap electronics. I would like to hear feed back as well.
    STAGE 1 IS MORE FUN BUT STAGE 2 THERE'S MORE TO DO

I Support ClubWRX
    Take the battery back out and re-sync the remote by pressing either the LOCK/ARM button or the UNLOCK/DISARM button 6 times.

Also, I uploaded the original brochure from Subaru on the keyless entry system. It covers what to do when you replace the battery, and how to change the alarm modes. Hopefully that helps!

Keyless Entry Troubleshooting and FAQs
    Last edited by Rambo; 09-11-2012 at 02:06 PM.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

thanks I'll give it a try tomorrow morning! i'll let you know how it works
    2004 PSM WRX Kartboy Short Shifter, SPT Cold Air Intake, TurboXS Turboback Exhaust, Cobb AccessPort Stage II
    Blobeye Syndicate #123
    Dirty Crew #123