Traction control??

This is a discussion on Traction control?? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, I've been searching for a way to turn traction control off but cannot find anything for my specific ...

Traction control??

Hey guys, I've been searching for a way to turn traction control off but cannot find anything for my specific generation. I have a 2007 STi. Is there a way I can turn it off? I want to know for having a little fun in snow/rain/dirt. Any info would be appreciated, thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Uh, your car doesn't have a traction control system in the sense you're thinking of...

You have your AWD system and DCCD controls, and that's it. Your car also has "electronic brake force distribution", which is an add-on to the ABS system, and can better balance the brake force during hard cornering, but isn't really a traction control device, just helps with braking.
    Last edited by Rambo; 09-10-2012 at 04:40 PM.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth