Lights are strange

This is a discussion on Lights are strange within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just bought an 03 wrx, so last night i noticed that i cant shut the running lights off. even ...

Lights are strange

I just bought an 03 wrx, so last night i noticed that i cant shut the running lights off. even when they are switched to off they are still on, however when the E brake is pulled (even before the e brake engages) they do go off... Wiring issue? ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Normal. That's the way it was designed I believe. They are meant to be on at all times. If you want to turn them "off" there are threads about what to do. Use the search function.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP OTS Stage 1 93, STS (the dream comes true ...)

I Support ClubWRX
    You have not described anything abnormal.

If you do not have an owner's manual look online for a PDF or HTML copy. Check the owner's manual for description of how the daytime running lights (DRL) and the parking lamp switch work.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Thanks guys

I Support ClubWRX
    Be aware in addition to the DRLs, that you have described above, to the switch in the middle of the steering column on the top. It toggles toward the nose of the car, revealing a red surface when "ON." This switch controls the parking lamps independently, meaning you can press the switch and leave the parking lamps ON despite any setting of the light stalk on the left of the steering wheel. This is a Subaru idiosyncrasy and may catch a new owner out. Enjoy the car, looks just like mine.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.