Help HELP HELP Whats wrong with my car

This is a discussion on Help HELP HELP Whats wrong with my car within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i have a 2003 wrx with AP stage 2 downpipe uppipe bola 3inch cobb intake. i was driving the car ...

Help HELP HELP Whats wrong with my car

i have a 2003 wrx with AP stage 2 downpipe uppipe bola 3inch cobb intake. i was driving the car home from a shoot out an i went to the gas station shut it off and it blew a ton of white smoke. check the codes said it was missfireing. i replaced the plugs codes went away. then it went away. then im driving home the car overheats. i take it to my garge pressure test for head gasket it passes the pressure test. i let the car idle for about 20 mins dose not over heat i take the car around the block build boost then it over heats. i shut off the car then start it still warm blows white smoke when its cold it dose not blow white smoke. i think its the head gasket but im looking at the heads and there is not even dirt on them they look brand new. im totally lost i need help ASAP.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

im thinking whoever replaced the heads or had new headgasket put on did it a very cheap and poor way an they need replaced but before i pull my motor i would really like to be sure any advice would be very very appreicated

I Support ClubWRX
    Heads 80% of the time don't leak externally. I would do a coolant analysis test.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

coolent test came out perfect. car runs perfect until you drive then it over heats does not overheat when its first started then after it is warm and you drive it over heats once the car is warm and you restart it it will overheat at idle thats why im thinking head gasket cause wants it get hot enough for everything to exspand it overheats. it just does not make sense besides they when half ass on the head job.

there is a minor oil leak on the right side of the motor which makes me think to.

white smoke makes me think head gasket. but goodluck. see if u can notice any leaks when its hot

when it was idleing that when it was having the small leak from the right head

replace gasket?

thats what i am going to do just making sure that there couldnt have been anything else beacuse the heads look brand new.

the headgasket job starts now haha thanks guys

goodluck

without even reading....headgasket!!!!!!!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

i know i was just blind sided becaue my heads look new