03 WRX Stage 2 WONT START!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 03 WRX Stage 2 WONT START!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys. I have an 03 WRX Cobb Stage 2 with 120k miles. As of yesterday, it will not start. ...

03 WRX Stage 2 WONT START!!

Hey guys. I have an 03 WRX Cobb Stage 2 with 120k miles. As of yesterday, it will not start. It cranks over just fine, but no fire. I can smell fuel from the exhaust.

3500 miles ago, I did a major tune up. Professionally installed Gates timing belt kit with water pump, both accessory belts, O2 Sensor, Spark plugs, Grimmspeed lightweight pulley, and all new fluids.

Right after all this installation, the car makes a loud whining noise with loss of power if I get on it at all for the first several miles or so after start up. It has done this all summer.

Just the other day the car started idling rough, and was making some strange engine noises, such as high pitched whine in the motor at idle. Now it wont start.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks guys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Why didn't you take it back to the people who "professionally" installed it?
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

Quote Originally Posted by KronosPerformance View Post
    exactly what i was going to say, and as soon as it started making the noises... not wait all summer and listen to your car hurt the whole time

Over/under on incorrectly installed timing belt that killed the timing?

Whine was due to too much tension on the new timing belt...or not enough.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    exactly what i was going to say, and as soon as it started making the noises... not wait all summer and listen to your car hurt the whole time
    I had the work done only a couple of days before I had a summer long out of state internship, I haven't been home long.

have others been driving the car? or how long have you driven it where it makes that noise?

Quote Originally Posted by KronosPerformance View Post
    Yes, I'm taking it back there as soon as I can arrange a tow truck. Just trying to get some ideas from you guys on what I'm looking at here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Over/under on incorrectly installed timing belt that killed the timing?

Whine was due to too much tension on the new timing belt...or not enough.
    Good thought, would that lead to it not being able to start now?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    have others been driving the car? or how long have you driven it where it makes that noise?
    No just me. I drove it to my internship, for a total of 3500 miles. As long as I drove conservatively for the first few miles from a cold start, there would be no whining sound.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.