2004 WRX White Smoke Coming From Turbo Area

This is a discussion on 2004 WRX White Smoke Coming From Turbo Area within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey Guys have another question for our genius techs. There has been this odd thing going on with my car. ...

2004 WRX White Smoke Coming From Turbo Area

Hey Guys have another question for our genius techs. There has been this odd thing going on with my car. Lately when I am driving somewhat hard and then bring the car to an idle there seems to be a white smoke from the car. I haven't ridden the clutch too hard nor have I been able to quite figure out what is causing the issue but there is this white smoke that seems to be coming from the turbo area. The smoke seems to be not coming from the TMIC or but below and to the left of it. Nonetheless, giving a little background info. After refilling the A/C with proper refrigerant some of the chemical refrigerant had sprayed and leaked around the engine bay. For some odd reason as of last week I have seen that after a session of driving my car somewhat hard there seems to be this white smoke emanating from the turbo area. Not sure quite what it is, and why it is acting this way but again that's why I came to you guys. It happens when the engine is in idle or shut off. There is no smoke coming from the exhaust, but yet there is no smell to the smoke. Just white puffs coming from somewhere near the turbo.

There are no mods whatsoever on this car, maintained regular oil changed and fluids checked properly. Coolant is good so I'm wondering what it could be. Are the coolant lines going bad or not connected fully? Is it some kind of banjo bolt or something or what? Any help would be appreciated.

Note: A video was uploaded to try give an illustration of where the smoke is coming from.

VIDEO0002 - YouTube

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Your front right axle joint boot may be leaking and spilling onto the down pipe and the burn off is causing the smoke. Take off the heat shield and have a look.

Atleast that's what was happening to me.
    To the face!
    04' Stage 2 WRX | Premium Silver. Premium Sex.