just put a new turbo on my 2003 wrx
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on just put a new turbo on my 2003 wrx within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; well i just put a new turbo on my wrx and im getting boost creep really bad when i got ...

just put a new turbo on my 2003 wrx

well i just put a new turbo on my wrx and im getting boost creep really bad when i got the turbo it said this is a perfict upgrade for people with alittle work done and would rub a stock injectors and stock boost and add 70 hsp. wrxs stock push 13.5 psi right so how do i fix my problem im pushing way over that my boost gage reads way over 15 so im not really sure what the boost is i just know its to much can some one please help me

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Unless it's a OEM td04 it needs to be tuned. I would never attempt running a larger turbo without new injectors and fuel pump. If it adds power it requires more fuel, increasing IDC.. so there you go.

thanks its a tdo5 it was ported and polsished and has a 16g compresser nothing major and im not even sure where to go to get my car tuned

Pretty sure theres a Cobb in PA.
    2005 WRX (Silver) SoCal Subie
    Blobeye Syndicate #1093
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...al-05-wrx.html - Build Thread
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/34009765@N06/ - For whatever pics i take.
    Mikie13-Spend money on hookers and blow. That's a better intake.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by xxkopa666xx
    thanks its a tdo5 it was ported and polsished and has a 16g compresser nothing major and im not even sure where to go to get my car tuned
    Until you have replaced at least the following:
    Uppipe
    Downpipe
    Injectors
    Fuel pump
    Tuning appointment

That car should be parked and not driven. Driving it in its current state will likely cause the motor to let go, leaving you with a pretty hefty bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Kuz
    Pretty sure theres a Cobb in PA.
    There isn't.

Being in PA, you can either go to NJ/NY/CT/MD, depending on where about (N/S/E/W) you are.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Until you have replaced at least the following:
    Uppipe
    Downpipe
    Injectors
    Fuel pump
    Tuning appointment

That car should be parked and not driven. Driving it in its current state will likely cause the motor to let go, leaving you with a pretty hefty bill.

^this.. all of those things are absolutely required to run a 16g. The engine should not be started until those parts are installed and the car is towed to a reputable Subaru tuner to at least get a base map put on it.

you done effed up, son. good luck.

did not really mess up that bad still got the stock turbo and i just bought a cobb ecu flash and i bought the turbo off ebay and it said on the desrption that it will work with stock injectors and stock boost but idk and i found a shop like 20 mins away from my house

Ebay and it said...
    I, on the other hand, can offer you a submarine. All wheels are still attached, it's in only 100ft deep, all you'd need is a bucket to take the water out. It should float just fine...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

this is what it says on there DESCRIPTION: 02-06 subaru wrx / 04-07 subaru sti td05 big 16g turbo charger (direct bolt on for 02-06 wrx)

THIS AUCTION WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:

New TD05H big 16G turbo.

TURBO SPEC:

SYSTEM : JOURNAL BEARING

COMPRESSOR :

A/R 49

WHEEL DIAMETER 48.3 / 68mm MM

ACTUATOR 0.8 BAR

TURBINE:

WHEEL DIAMETER 49.2 /56MM

It has a big 16G compressor wheel, Td05H turbine wheel, and a specially designed turbine housing. It is ported and has a bigger waste gate. It fits 02-06 subaru wrx without any modification. This is a good upgrade for stock or mild tuned wrx's. average gain is around 70hp on stock boost and stock injector.

zax
    First off, what is already done to your car?

Second, even a TBE and tune will max the stock injectors on a 2003 WRX. While you may run it on a 2006+ WRX (565cc injectors vs. 420cc injectors on 2003 WRX) with stock injectors, you MUST upgrade your injectors and fuel pump to run properly on a Bugeye.

You will need (bare minimum) 565cc injectors, 3" exhaust, larger TMIC, and an uprated fuel pump to install this turbo.

I can't believe you're arguing with senior members on this forum using "But ebay says __" as an argument. The Ebay advert even states "used with stock boost control." Well no ****. The stock boost control works with any turbo you want. I personally would have never bought that turbo given the mis-information. FYR, if you paid less than $800 for a new 16G, you've likely bought a Chinese knockoff and I doubt that will last more than a few thousand miles. Good luck.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by xxkopa666xx View Post
    this is what it says on there DESCRIPTION: 02-06 subaru wrx / 04-07 subaru sti td05 big 16g turbo charger (direct bolt on for 02-06 wrx)

THIS AUCTION WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:

New TD05H big 16G turbo.

TURBO SPEC:

SYSTEM : JOURNAL BEARING

COMPRESSOR :

A/R 49

WHEEL DIAMETER 48.3 / 68mm MM

ACTUATOR 0.8 BAR

TURBINE:

WHEEL DIAMETER 49.2 /56MM

It has a big 16G compressor wheel, Td05H turbine wheel, and a specially designed turbine housing. It is ported and has a bigger waste gate. It fits 02-06 subaru wrx without any modification. This is a good upgrade for stock or mild tuned wrx's. average gain is around 70hp on stock boost and stock injector.

Exactly.. you can see right there in the description that the seller is lying their ass off. That should be a big red flag not to purchase the item. You potentially did irreversible damage to your engine substantially shortening the life of the car, but I guess you're right, that's not that bad.. someone could have been killed or something.

yea im not aruguing with any one on here im just asking bc i dont know that much heres what i have done to the car cold airintake 3" from the turbo back to 4 and a 1/4 2 1/4'' headers duel core radeator bigger intercollor and an hks blow off valve so im going to take the turbo off but the stock one back on till i can buy injectors and a fuel pump so with the work i have done and if i put the stock turbo on i can use the cobb ecu flash still right

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by xxkopa666xx View Post
    yea im not aruguing with any one on here im just asking bc i dont know that much heres what i have done to the car cold airintake 3" from the turbo back to 4 and a 1/4 2 1/4'' headers duel core radeator bigger intercollor and an hks blow off valve so im going to take the turbo off but the stock one back on till i can buy injectors and a fuel pump so with the work i have done and if i put the stock turbo on i can use the cobb ecu flash still right
    Punctuation much?
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I'd recommend getting that turbo off, then finding a good tuner who will advise you on how to properly mod the car.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast