Fuel starvation

This is a discussion on Fuel starvation within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey all, my 2002 wrx has recently been having a lot of hesitation. It started above 4K and now is ...

Question Fuel starvation

Hey all, my 2002 wrx has recently been having a lot of hesitation. It started above 4K and now is all over the rev range, and it's not consistent. I thought it was a fuel starvation issue so I replaced the fuel filter, nothing. Replaced the fuel pump with a Walbro 255 and it works better but there is still hesistation. I'm stumped. I floor the gas and nothing really happens. There are no mods to the car/no tune other than a catback exhaust. (I also tried seafoam which has done good things in the past) I've gotten 2 CEL recently, P0442 small evaporative systems leak (constantly), and P0171 A/F too lean (after cleaning the MAF and not resetting the ECU which I think was the problem). Haven't checked regulator or spark plugs. Also to note, there is a pretty bad exhaust leak on the up pipe/turbo gasket (found from seafoam) and I know for a fact I'm not hitting 12-13 ish psi (stock I think). So what next? Could there be a blockage in the fuel lines?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Check for boost leak, you may have a major one going on.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! - www.kronosperformance.com - Call/Text 732-742-8837 |
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount
    Kronos has Special Pricings on Process West & Agency Power!
    CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS

I Support ClubWRX
    Troubleshoot the PO171 as has been posted here/elsewhere previously; suspect intake leak(s) in addition to the exhaust leak. Boost levels a moot point currently IMO; you already know there's a leak at the UP anyway. Check FPR reference connection "below" intake. Plugs unlikely an issue IMO.

Car is modified; provide thorough list and indicate whether issues happened after a mod.

All this IMO; see disclaimer in signature.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

The Ansa catback was added over 2 years ago and never had an issue. Other than that, the car is stock. All WOT hesistation/jerking started a month ago. I plan on addressing the gasket issue soon (I'm at school right now and it's hard to get a weekend in). I do believe the lean code was my own doing (cleaned MAF and didn't reset ecu) and I've reset it since and it hasn't come back. Boost leak is definitely not helping but, there is a total loss of power. I mean shouldn't it accelerate like a N/A 2.0 even with 0 boost pressure? I've measured at max 3-4 psi. I will check the FPR though. Also FWIW, car starts fine, idles, for lack of a better word, unusual cold, but fine if it's warm, and no stalling.