Code: P1449...help

This is a discussion on Code: P1449...help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So today I washed my car and shortly after driving my check engine light came on, traction control light came ...

Code: P1449...help

So today I washed my car and shortly after driving my check engine light came on, traction control light came on, and cruise light was blinking. It read code P1449 but no information as to what it is, I reset it thinking maybe water got onto the engine when washing and after about 100 miles later it happened again. Nothing seems to be wrong with the car, drives fine, not over heating, making precise boost. Would anyone happen to know what this could be? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    OBDII Code P1449 - Evaporative Check Solenoid Circuit Malfunction | Engine-Codes.com

I have a list of Subaru codes from Cobb. 1449 is not listed.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Did you wash the engine bay? What did you use to read the code?
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    Did you wash the engine bay? What did you use to read the code?
    I used a kiwi wifi and rev app...I'm assuming water must have gotten into the engine bay either through the hood scoop or front grill.

Brought it to the dealership and was told it was a spider spinning webs in my gas tank blocking ventilation was reset and thought to be ok but lights came back on and not making full boost. Uninstalled accessport light went away, reinstalled, came back on. Maybe I need to replace ebcs? Any thoughts?

I Support ClubWRX
    Anytime you reset the ECU the boost will be lower until DAM comes back up.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Mine has done this after a heavy snowfall and they are saying my hubs are packed with ice causing this. The sensors ? Will have to see what they say when I call tomorrow. If anyone has further info let me know!

I had this code come up on my 2012 wrx a while back, so figured I'd post up what little bit I found out in case it helps anyone. I took it in to the dealer and the service write-up says:
    Tech found code P1449 vent control filter clogged. Tech checked all vent tubing and connections. No blockages found. Tech then put call in to Subaru techline. Techline authorized and recommended the ordering of a canister. Customer to return to have canister installed when part comes in.

I haven't bothered to go back though, since my check engine hasn't come back on. So, pretty inconclusive really. Not sure what the problem actually was.
    - Dave

2012 pbp WRX premium

Updating again here. Not long after my last post, CEL came back on. I called to schedule a service appointment, but they were booked until the 25th. I drove around for a while with the CEL on, until about a week before the appointment when it went back off. The service write-up says the computer had two codes stored. The same P1449 code as before and P0455. They replaced the canister and did an Evaporative System Pressure Diagnosis according to the write-up.

Everything has been fine since. No lights or anything. No driveability issues both times I got this code in the system either.
    - Dave

2012 pbp WRX premium