Airbag Light Help

This is a discussion on Airbag Light Help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello all, Long story short...I was getting a jump the other day, and a guy who insisted on helping me ...

Airbag Light Help

Hello all,

Long story short...I was getting a jump the other day, and a guy who insisted on helping me put the jumper cables on backwards on my car (while my back was turned putting them on the terminals of the other car)....so my main fuse blew. Replaced the main fuse this morning and got it back up and running just fine today. However, the airbag light is on. Any idea why/how to turn it off?

I have an Accessport and I'm stage 1 (been at work all day so I haven't had time to plug it in).

p.s. Would the shock to the system have messed with the stage 1 mapping? Should I reflash?

Thanks!

Tom

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You could try disconnecting the negative battery cable and holding down the brake pedal for 30-60 seconds. This should hopefully clear the RAM from the airbag module. If there is an actual problem with the system the light will still be there.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Thanks for the response! Didn't work. Checked the fuses for the airbag and they are fine. Is one of the relays under the hood connected with the airbag perchance?

Spose the dealer will likely be my next stop.

Thanks