Oil pump seal

This is a discussion on Oil pump seal within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well im doing my cam seals and crank seal and valve cover seal washers. couldnt afford to buy this stuff ...

Oil pump seal

Well im doing my cam seals and crank seal and valve cover seal washers. couldnt afford to buy this stuff when i did my head gasket on the left side...So anyway while i have all the cam gears off and the timing belt off, the oil pump gasket is leaking making it look like my oil pan is leaking. how much more in depth will i have to go to do the oil pump gasket. it looks like i have to take the oil pan off so ill be doing that (RTV). The question is how much more in depth will i be going.
    2003 Impreza WRX Sport Wagon

"I wouldn't want to belong to a club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

Is it fast? I don't even know if its street legal. O.o (IROC-Z)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't think you have to remove the oil pan to change the oil pump seal. Just remove the bolts and slide it off the crank.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

cool thanks man if thats all im g etting the seal tomorrow
    2003 Impreza WRX Sport Wagon

"I wouldn't want to belong to a club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

Is it fast? I don't even know if its street legal. O.o (IROC-Z)