help!!!!! maf problems
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on help!!!!! maf problems within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i have an 02 wrx and i just clead my intake and i had to disconnect the maf sensor and ...

help!!!!! maf problems

i have an 02 wrx and i just clead my intake and i had to disconnect the maf sensor and now if i turn it on with it plugged in it wount start. i read a forum saying that it needs to be facing a certain way but it still didnt work only if i unplug it will it start. i have an accessport with a map i got from cobb, i am running a vf39 with 585 injectors and cobb exhaust with a top mount sti intercooler. someone told me to get a retune but if it dosent even run how can i get a tune on it please help me i dont know what else to do.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The certain way you speak of is with the harness facing forward. Is it that way? Did you clean the MAF with electronics cleaner or MAF cleaner? Is the harness facing the nose if the car? You didn't change the intake, right?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

i didnt clean it yet but i tried making face certain ways and it still wont work but if it was bad before then why did it start before i took it off and whould it help if i got a tune?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by smugglin1986 View Post
    i didnt clean it yet but i tried making face certain ways
    There is only one correct way: harness forward.

Also, your statement about cleaning your intake makes me wonder if you have the correct intake on the car (the OEM Subaru intake).

and it still wont work but if it was bad before then why did it start before i took it off
    I don't follow what this means

and whould it help if i got a tune?
    Moot point; the car must run to be tuned.

Undo what you did in reverse order. Check for a loose connection, make sure the MAF is oriented correctly, make sure you are using the right intake.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

well when the harness was foward it still didnt work and its not a stock intake i have the cobb box with the intake as well

I Support ClubWRX

idk what i did dude but it worked maybe it just need to be cleaned a little more but either way it works now and im looking to upgrade my intercooler but i dont know who i should go through, and i also wanna put on a gt305 with maybe 1000cc injectors

I Support ClubWRX

help!!!!! maf problems

You're not asking I realise but since we're discussing things anyway my view is that you should find a reliable vendor and discuss your goals. Then consider a package rather than piecemeal purchases. I say this because you mentioned an IC first and then a turbo whereas I'd expect the opposite order - and with that opposite order, the corresponding logic.

See link in my signature.

yeah well i was just see what would be a good company to go through to get a 400+ hp turbo and front mount intercooler. plus what kind of lights can i put in to change the color of the gauge cluster cause i dont know what kind of bulbs are used.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.