How to do a compression test?

This is a discussion on How to do a compression test? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've never done a compression test before and really don't know much about how to test it or what the ...

How to do a compression test?

I've never done a compression test before and really don't know much about how to test it or what the normal reading is for each cylinder to be considered "healthy" can anyone lead me in the right direction? I'm just curious to see how healthy my motor is before I continue my mods currently my stage 2 parts are still just sitting here waiting to be installed just waiting for money for a tune, but maybe in a couple more months my financial situation will be better and I can spare a 07 transmission so when the stock one goes out from 300whp and what not. That is my main reason for not doing crazy mods yet is cuz I have no money to spare if my transmission breaks lol.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

FMS

Here is a great write up on how to do a compression test. It really is simple. Its important how high the compression is but its also very important that it is wearing evenly.

DIY Engine Compression Test!!!
    OPEN 7 Days a week|We match and beat advertised prices and sales|855.447.8288

AOL Instant Messenger: FlatlineMotorsports.mason@gmail.com

Link: Flatline Motorsports Online Store
    Link: Flatline Motorsports Facebook