Rattle by cat?

This is a discussion on Rattle by cat? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok so this has only started (or noticed) like 4 days ago. I first thought it might have been the ...

Rattle by cat?

Ok so this has only started (or noticed) like 4 days ago. I first thought it might have been the ac or maybe a belt since its kinda humid out but it has been getting more frequent and louder as I notice more now. Today I started the car after work and heard it as soon as the ac came on. So I poked my head under the car and noticed its pretty loud right in front of the cat where the heat shield meets that brace under the tranny. I looks and saw nothing was rubbing but I'm not sure if its the heat shield rattling on the pipe or what. It is stock and I do have a after market cbe. It almost sounds like a belt is slipping but more of a metallic sound. WHAT ARE YOU!?!?!

Justin
    2012 WRB WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Let me guess,you have an Invidia Q300?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Nope. CNT single

Justin
    2012 WRB WRX

Anyone have any idea? Took it to Subaru and they said everything looks tight and car is running great. Just don't like hearing it.