ECU or other ignition problem

This is a discussion on ECU or other ignition problem within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi there, i have a problem with my car... i think it may be the ECU, but i'm not sure. ...

ECU or other ignition problem

Hi there,

i have a problem with my car... i think it may be the ECU, but i'm not sure.

there is the symptoms: when car is between 1500 and 2800 rpm, it give some knock (just like it was on the verge of chocking).
    when the car is over 2800 rpm (let's say 3000...), everything runs great (no power lost). The car dont have any check engine light on (so no code).

This problem has happen since we boost the car, and we accidently short-circuit when we done it (not the proper order, some sparks have appears and i blow a fuse).

any idea of what going on??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    No. What does "boost the car" mean and what modifications are done? Any CEL codes stored (you checked for codes stored not just visible CEL now)? What model car?

Is "boost" to jump start? Have you checked all fuses and relays? Are the mains wires to the battery tight?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Im going to take a look for all this, especially the relays (which i haven't cheked so far, but all the fuses are ok). How am I supose to see if a relay is ''broken''?

Boost a car is effectively jump start a car (i speek french sorry).

the model is a 2002 wrx sedan.