Another UOA 2011 WRX 7,480 Miles Pennzoil Ultra 5w30 SN

This is a discussion on Another UOA 2011 WRX 7,480 Miles Pennzoil Ultra 5w30 SN within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just want to share my latest used oil lab analysis from my last oil change. A link to "Bob ...

KHP

Another UOA 2011 WRX 7,480 Miles Pennzoil Ultra 5w30 SN

I just want to share my latest used oil lab analysis from my last oil change.

A link to "Bob is The oil guy":
    PU 5W30 SN - 2011 WRX - 7,480 Miles - Bob Is The Oil Guy

Some of you guys may find this useful and/or interesting.
    Last edited by KHP; 08-27-2012 at 10:46 PM.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Very nice numbers and if it were my motor I would take their comments regarding the 12ppm Fe to heart, that is, not worry one bit and go on with life.

That one fellow with the 5W-40 comment made an impression on me because the data clearly show your 5W-30 is working, so I see no point in any opinions after that. Data are first and last word.

Nice data, good oil and filter choice proven.

Thanks very much for posting. This is one more thread to which we can link when the "what oil" question comes up yet again.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Very nice numbers and if it were my motor I would take their comments regarding the 12ppm Fe to heart, that is, not worry one bit and go on with life.

That one fellow with the 5W-40 comment made an impression on me because the data clearly show your 5W-30 is working, so I see no point in any opinions after that. Data are first and last word.

Thanks very much for posting. This is one more thread to which we can link when the "what oil" question comes up yet again.
    Maybe pennzoil has changed ways.. I also thought the comment was pretty stupid regarding the 5w40 oil since this is now august and the hot months were clearly in this oil change and it shows its working great.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    Heh, yes, good point. I think someone called him on it in that thread.

Pennzoil doesn't go on sale as much as I'd like locally but I'd have no hesitation using it. There was even a great report over 5K on a 2,5L STi with dyno Pennzoil at one point, I remember being impressed.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

KHP
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post

No problem I'm glad to be of service. This may not work for everyone due to the results being from my engine and my driving habits specifically, but I'm hoping that other engines of similar make will behave somewhat similar.

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    Maybe pennzoil has changed ways.. I also thought the comment was pretty stupid regarding the 5w40 oil since this is now august and the hot months were clearly in this oil change and it shows its working great.
    I gotta say so as well... I'm am a Mobil 1 guy and still am, but I feel like the Pennzoil works the same/better on my WRX's engine and being $5 cheaper it's a win-win situation for me.

I'm pretty sure 5w40 has its application in our engines. I probably will give it a more serious thought once I start diving into power mods.
    Last edited by KHP; 08-27-2012 at 11:13 PM.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

I Support ClubWRX
    Sure, I've used 5W-40 for years in my 2,0L. Your oil is doing just great though.