PLEASE HELP CANT FIGURE OUT....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on PLEASE HELP CANT FIGURE OUT.... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; WHY EVERY TIME I PUT IT IN FIRST AND LET OFF CLUTCH (WHILE PRESSING GAS) MY SUBI STARTS OF SHAKEY ...

PLEASE HELP CANT FIGURE OUT....

WHY EVERY TIME I PUT IT IN FIRST AND LET OFF CLUTCH (WHILE PRESSING GAS) MY SUBI STARTS OF SHAKEY THEN AT 3000 RPM IT STARTS TO JUMP (THE BEST WAY TO DESCRIBE IT) BUT WHEN I MASH ON GAS IT STARTS WORKING FINE THEN I SWITCH TO SECOND IT DOES IT IN THE BEGINNING THEN AS LONG AS I MASH ON GAS IT PULLS THROUGH IT....UPDATE NOW I DROVE FOR A BIT AND CAME TO STOP SIGN BEGAN TO TAKE OFF NORMAL AND CAR STARTED JUMPING VIOLENTLY AND ALL LIGHTS WENT DIM AND DIED...I AINT HAD A SUBARU VERY LONG AND NEVER WORKED ON CARS MUCH SO PLEASE ANY HELP WOULD BE NICE!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You will have to give us more info than that!!!!!!!! Oh yeah STOP YELLING AT US!!!!! Does the car have any aftermarket parts on it I.E. BOV, downpipe, intake anything that would need a tune for the car to run properly? Have you done any maintenance to the car since you purchaced it like spark plugs, some kinda oiled air filter that could have maybe been over oiled and now the MAF sensor needs to be cleaned. It could be anything with the description that you gave so you will have to narrow it down a lot more.

my bad and yeah a downpipe stage 2 tranny and clutch ultra light flywheel and he had a complete tune up on it about 3 months ago i ahve all the receipts from when he did it so he wasnt lieing and just had maf replaced too and i havent done anything except clean cam shaft sensor thats it no air filter or anything like that and i jacked it up earlier found that the bolt that mounts sto starter was loose tried to tighten but bolt still hangs out like an inch

I Support ClubWRX
    What's the weight of the flywheel?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

i actualy have a similar problem but not this bad and omnyl happens sometimes its sounds and feels like the thrust bearing, but in your case seems more like the clutch plate hasnt been centred proply or the flywheel hasn been torqued correctly, could also be your tune if you have a bad tune or an aggressive one wrx's are prone to bunny hop low down especially if your not very good at the clutch, it could be other things aswell but i poiinted out the main ones hope this helped

i have no clue about the flywheel weight i can ask him tomorrow for sure though....and he done the clutch his self then took it to a midas and had them take it off and look at it to make sure he done it right but hey i guess everyone messes up so maybe they done a shady job

its a parron down pipe and he done it hisself too...and if i have have a repair manual can i check the torques and **** on clutch and tranny myself

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 03subi!!
    i have no clue about the flywheel weight i can ask him tomorrow for sure though....and he done the clutch his self then took it to a midas and had them take it off and look at it to make sure he done it right but hey i guess everyone messes up so maybe they done a shady job
    He did a clutch install then had Midas re-do it?

UNYSOC

yeah he wanted to make sure it was straight and the problem has been there since i bought for only 1300 so i willing to pay whatever to fix it...its an 03 with 80000 miles and this one problem so i couldnt pass it up

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I wouldn't let Midas touch my brakes, let alone the clutch.. actually, I would get uncomfortable with them just looking at my car.

lol yeah well they charged him 1700 to do it

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 03subi!! View Post
    lol yeah well they charged him 1700 to do it

Holey!!.... I had a dealership quote me $600 for clutch & flywheel install and when I told them I would just do it myself they ended up doing it for $300 and gave me a warranty on it.

When did the car start acting up?

right after the clutch and tranny were re-done

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 03subi!!
    right after the clutch and tranny were re-done
    I wonder what the issue might be...

UNYSOC

i was hoping it would be something easier

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast