PLEASE HELP CANT FIGURE OUT.... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on PLEASE HELP CANT FIGURE OUT.... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by mycologist the guy has been heckled enough. Agreed.. now I feel bad. Sorry 03subi!! What I'm trying ...

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    the guy has been heckled enough.

Agreed.. now I feel bad.

Sorry 03subi!!

What I'm trying to get at is that the we need to know the make and model of the parts before we can really know what's going on. You need to get that information from the previous owner, otherwise it's going to be difficult to figure out what's going on without ripping everything apart and searching part numbers to figure out what you've got. It sounds to me like the previous owner screwed up the car, couldn't figure out how to fix it, so he decided to unload it on someone else.

I do think there is an issue with the clutch and/or flywheel. Any flywheel under 10-11lbs will most certainly cause problems, but that still does not explain the lights dimming and engine shutting off. The only reason the lights would dim would be because voltage in the electrical system is dropping. This shouldn't happen with a normally charged battery. It could be your alternator isn't charging the battery, it could be that the battery isn't holding a charge, or it could be a loose connection in the electrical system or a short.

The first thing I would do right now is take the car to a local auto parts store, like O'Riley's or Autozone and have them test your alternator and battery (they should do it for free). If that checks out fine then go on the hunt for loose connections starting with the main wires at the alternator and battery, then check all the connections that could have been messed up while changing the clutch.

Problems in your electrical system could easily cause the car to run rough, buck, and stall. And it kinda makes sense that it would get better as it revs up because the alternator is able to put out more juice at higher rpm.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thank you i will try to get make and model of parts...and thanks for info on the electrical system ill do that today..thanks everyone for the help

does it die when your driving down the road, or when your pulling out and in first going slow?

When im in first and start to take off it starts to shake and feels like it will die til i push the gas and it pushes through it

I Support ClubWRX
    OK so that sounds like clutch shudder or chatter. It could be an aggressive clutch, a light flywheel, a worn clutch, or any combination (all, or any two etc.).

Does the CEL come on?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Ok man thanks after i fix electrical stuff i will start that

No cel either

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Harrison View Post
    Since you bought the car for about 3k less than it's worth. I would replace the clutch with a daily driver friendly one and swap out the fly wheel with an OEM one.

In thinking the guy put in a "high performance" or a racing type clutch
    Which can be very hard to engage at low speeds
    ie. From a stop. The lightweight flywheel isn't doing you any good in this department either.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 03subi!! View Post
    No cel either
    OK then that at least implies (but doesn't prove) that there is no misfire due to, say, the lightened flywheel. So what you could be seeing is drivability issues from one, two, or all three of the sources above. Not unreasonable to conclude this I don't think.

However something you said earlier makes me wonder: the bolt to the starter hangs out? One reason to remove the starter is to remove the gearbox, say for replacing the clutch etc. There is no reason the bolt should not fit correctly though. Either the bolt is incorrect or something is installed incorrectly. I'd find out what that something is and see if that something could cause the shuddering you're seeing now.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by 03subi!! View Post
    When im in first and start to take off it starts to shake and feels like it will die til i push the gas and it pushes through it
    try instead of letting the gas out smooth kinda rev it like vroom vroom - let clutch out- then pull out normal lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    try instead of letting the gas out smooth kinda rev it like vroom vroom - let clutch out- then pull out normal lol.
    Is that what SHE told you to do...? lol.

It sounds like a turbo lag issue. The same one i'm trying to fix.
    GRAVELP <<<<<<<<< Xbox gamer tag

Turbo lag would happen all the time if tht was the problem and its not...when i mash on it it ****s and get

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123