Radiator Over Flow tank

This is a discussion on Radiator Over Flow tank within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; PLEASE HELP!!!! hey guys I went with a FMIC and due to the size of the piping I had to ...

Radiator Over Flow tank

PLEASE HELP!!!! hey guys I went with a FMIC and due to the size of the piping I had to remove my radiator over flow tank. So after realizing this I ordered one from importimageracing "http://www.importimageracing.com/weapon-r-universal-oil-catch-can.html" and used a pepsi bottle in the meantime.

Ok so this is where I need help!!! ever since I changed from the pepsi bottle to the new overflow tank, my car starts to over heat when I am at red light or stop signs, but as soon as a start driving again the temperature begins to drop. I believe this over flow tank has a very poor design.

So what I am looking for is if anyone knows a perfect overflow tank that I can get to use to solve my problem. please help!!!!!!!

Thanks,
    DOHBOY

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

When you installed, did you happen to disconnect the fans at all? The fans run to keep the car cool when sitting.

Also, did you burp the system?

Also, did you ask Impreza2.0 about the Weapon R tank?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

the fans are running fine and no i did not ask impreza2.0

did i burp the system when i installed the new overflow tank is that what your asking me?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Also, did you burp the system?
    +1

And can you post a few pics please?
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.