Cylinder 2 missfire

This is a discussion on Cylinder 2 missfire within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi, I am in need of some good advice regarding my 06 STI I have 101k miles on my car ...

Cylinder 2 missfire

Hi,
    I am in need of some good advice regarding my 06 STI I have 101k miles on my car and recently have been getting the check engine light comming on. I found out that the error code was Cylinder 2 missfire. My car has a few mods. 1. SPT intake, 2. SPT exhaust, 3. Cobb Tunning Access port which currently I have on the stock mode. My car has seem to loss some of its power and runs a little rough. The dealer performed a Leak down test and found that cylinder 2 has loss of 95% power.

They wanted to fix the problem for 3k They indicated my car needed a valve job. I don't know if I really need this or they are just trying to do a repair that would cost the most money anyway I think 3k is too much. I am also not sure if the car just needs new plugs all though I did chance my spark plugs around 70k miles. I have a co worker who has offered to do the job for a few hundred dollars and I would just have to buy all the parts and pay the machine shop for the head repair.
    I was also wondering if I should make any more mods while I have the car apart. My other two possibilites are to take it to Cobb Tunning in Fountain Valley CA, or take it to a shop that I use to take my other car to.
    What are your thoughts and suggestions.
    Thank you so much.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Get several quotes, i wouldn't go with a friend unless i was 100% sure he knew what he was doing and he has all the required tools ready to go.