06 STi (Help)

This is a discussion on 06 STi (Help) within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Getting ready to change fluid in my rear diff, and gear box. Until i seen this?? Guessing i need a ...

06 STi (Help)

Getting ready to change fluid in my rear diff, and gear box.

Until i seen this?? Guessing i need a new gasket also?? (SOB)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rear Diff.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	107408
    ++ + ++P3LLA++ + ++

06 STi ( Stage II ) BOOSTED
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE # 808

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Figure out whether the leak is from the diff or from the axle, perhaps where it meets the diff.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

i didn't even think about the axle!! Even better, i got another picture won't allow me to load it, but it appears to be coming from the axle. (MF!) Sorry, is this common? and whats something like replacing the axle seal going to cost?
    ++ + ++P3LLA++ + ++

06 STi ( Stage II ) BOOSTED
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE # 808

I Support ClubWRX
    I have not had it happen and so don't know, sorry. Anybody?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.