new turbo noise

This is a discussion on new turbo noise within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys I have a 2002 wrx and last night I took my intercooler off because I had been noticing ...

new turbo noise

Hey guys I have a 2002 wrx and last night I took my intercooler off because I had been noticing a couple drips of antifreeze on the ground. I tightened all the clamps and fixed that and on my way to work I noticed a new noise that I haven't heard before coming fromm the turbo as I was boosting.. it sounds like what a turbo should sound like its a high pitched whistle mixed in with some spool action.. it sounds badass imo and was just wondering maybe if I fixed a air leak without realizing it? Or if its something I screwed up.. it doesn't sound like a death whine imo but I just have never noticed the sound before and I've had the car for about 6 months I'm running 17.5 psi and the whistle kicks in at 3k and goes away upon letting off the gas.. should I rejoice or be worried?

Also I replaced my boost control with a cobb 3 port about a month ago.. and also when I had the intercooler off I used a thread cutter to cut new holes for the bolts where the bpv goes as it was stripped and not sealing properly.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You should rejoice. You have tight closed system. Thats what she should sound like. If you want to hear it at its best roll up the windows and turn off the radio. Youll smile everytime you boost