codes coming up in 02' wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on codes coming up in 02' wrx within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Finally got my obd2 scanner in today to run a check on my car. Here's what codes came up, any ...

codes coming up in 02' wrx

Finally got my obd2 scanner in today to run a check on my car. Here's what codes came up, any help as to what would fix these codes would be great, I've been unable to find any solutions. I bought the scanner because of a low rpm misfire I'm having

MIL DTC
    P1560

Stored codes
    P0122, P1130, P1139, P1507, P1560

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    An electric fault would explain everything. So charging system / electrics / battery fault would explain it all and would be simpler to envision. Start there. If you've done something to the electrics or electronics, that's the answer. Fix what you've done and reset the ECU and see what happens. If something is faulty with the electrics, start there.

If not, deal with P1560 first would be my guess -- but only a guess:

P1560 means the ECU is not receiving current from the battery when the car is off. This implies that every time you start the car the ECU thinks you've just connected a fresh battery, so you are not accumulating any learned data.

Check all the fuses, particularly the fuses in the engine compartment. Look for fuse SBF-5 specifically.

Turn the ignition off and measure V between the ECU and ground. If V is >10 V, repair contact in ECU connector. The wire you are looking for is no. 10 on connector B137. As you hold B137 with the two slider tabs and central tab facing up, no. 10 is the wire in the middle row at the far left.

Next check the resistance between that same wire and ground. If less than 10 Ω, find and fix a ground fault.

If fuse SBF-5 is blown, it's either a fluke (unlikely but fathomable) or (a) an open circuit between the ECU and battery; (b) poor contact at the ECU connector or (c) poor contact at battery.

Reset the ECU after all that.

Hope this helps.

Disclaimer: If you blow up your car following or misfollowing or considering or ignoring these suggestions, you get to fix the car at your cost. Be safe.
    Last edited by SD_GR; 08-08-2012 at 03:46 PM.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Is your battery almost dead?

Any mods to the car?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

No the battery seems to be fine. Only mods to the car are exhaust and aftermarket BOV. Could any of those codes being thrown be what is causing my misfire as well?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.