'02 WRX refrigerant capacity

This is a discussion on '02 WRX refrigerant capacity within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just replaced my expansion valve in my '02 WRX, pulled a vacuum on it, and now I realize I ...

'02 WRX refrigerant capacity

I just replaced my expansion valve in my '02 WRX, pulled a vacuum on it, and now I realize I don't know how much r134a to put in it now. Can't find it in the owners manual or on the stickers under the hood. I'd like to get it right so somebody help please!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Light blue sticker on the radiator beam across the nose.

H134a refrigerant, 0.45 - 0.55 kg or 16 - 19 oz (thst anyone in the 21st century uses... ounces is nauseating, but there it is nonetheless).

No volume given for compressor oil.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

OK. Thanks a lot!

I Support ClubWRX
    Sure, good luck, hope it works out.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Hmm.. I usually just fill it till the pressure gauge shows full.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Hmm.. I usually just fill it till the pressure gauge shows full.
    One way of doing it is to put gauges on the system to monitor pressures, then put the refrigerant container on a scale on the ground and measure physically the amount of refrigerant entering the system (by subtracting each subsequent weight from the initial weight of the container).