HELP: need help diagnosing a no start condition - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on HELP: need help diagnosing a no start condition within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; pulled an 18 hour day today didnt have a chance to touch it today, i have 4 hours before work ...

pulled an 18 hour day today didnt have a chance to touch it today, i have 4 hours before work im going to try and induce it and try some of the fixes. i plan on cleaning the ckp and looking at the coolant temp sensor. if it still does it then im going to pull the relays and switch them to see if one of them is sticking. sound good? any ideas? iv determined it has to do with temperature, only does it on a warm engine

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Seems like its something electronic wise I would load test the battery and see what the voltage is under load. However have you considered it may be the alternator? That's what it leads to me to believe it could also be the security system. Just check things off the list one by one start with electrical side of things first then I'd probably move on to fuel and ignition..

I had thought about the alternator and its actually a brand new alt. I tested the entire system from the battery to cranking amps. Alt charging with and without a load plus paraditic draw and still nothing. I wish someone had a set of relays i could swap out at the moment im just moving them.

Cleaned off the ckp and the cts looks fine. Found what looked like a small vacuum leak and tightend it up and clamped it. Still not starting. Going try again in an gour or so. Just for ****s and gigs i tried the remote start. Eouldnt even crank.

maybe your battery is just screwed?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

i dont understand how it could be the battery if it load test fine and drives fine from a cold start

Tore into the motor. Found two air leaks just behind the alternator. One was at a tripple connecter that look like it helped with manifold pressure. The other was a tan metering valve that went into the intake manifold. After that drove it got her warm shut it off and waited. When starting the first crank did nothing the after a slight hesitation she turned over and maintained a steady idle. I noticed however when looking around for some other clue as to whats going on that there was the a small amount of your coolant at the top resevior by the return lines. No cra ks or leeks which makes me think there is high pressure. Same pressure seems to be pushing a little coolant out if the rad cap aswell.

On a side note id really like to thank everyone for there help. I appreciated all of it. Yhank you

I Support ClubWRX
    I get in over my head on those lines - probably worth checking (or just replace) the PCV. It is under the intercooler.

The only thing I know of though that actually affects pressure in the cooling system is heat. Is your overflow system not working?

Pretty common to just have some coolant leaks. seems unrelated to the no start condition.
    Last edited by mycologist; 08-09-2012 at 05:06 AM.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I agree that there not to coralated. And yes im with you there, subaru has numerouse vacuum lines and half are not to clamped so i clamped them to keep from loosening again.
    My overflow is at the full mark but there is none in that line to it

I talked with subaru in Vermont, Mass and Pennsylvania all three could not give any info on the fix because they havnt found one for it. i was told to let them know what it was when i fixed it. one tech did think that the cam position sensor could be messing up. my next to is to replace that with a brand new one a fellow tech gave me and to check all my coil plugs to see if the heat is causing expansion somewhere and hindering ignition.

Tested both the cam sensor and the fuel pump relay. Botg are good. Idk what to do next

any help?

I mentioned before...have you gone over the fuel system? Fuel pump/filter are fine? Are the injectors working fine?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12