Subaru Question (General)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Subaru Question (General) within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi. Looking into buying a Subau. I found a good one I been viewing but my mate seems to think ...

Subaru Question (General)

Hi. Looking into buying a Subau. I found a good one I been viewing but my mate seems to think that if I get a problem the mechanical side of things is complicated and expensive on these engines, even they are common cars.

He also said you have to pull the whole engine up just to do the spark plugs cause they are at the bottom??. He might be just blowing ass so thought I would ask here cause hes putting me off a good car I really want to buy and I dont know much about cars.

I been looking at Subaru legacys. Anyone have any helpful info on these for a pre purchase. Are they complicated to work on?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.
    Last edited by kiwidan; 08-03-2012 at 07:56 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I personally don't think they are that difficult to work on. Do you research you'll be able to fix majority of all problems. As for the spark plugs you don't have to "pull the engine" however you've gotta remove the air intake on the passenger side and the washer fluid on the driver side to be able to do the plugs. It took me like just a little under a hour to do the plugs.

I Support ClubWRX
    The plugs are out the sides like on an old Alfasud. The timing belt, plugs, and heads are a pain, as is the clutch. Overall the come apart well though, there was thought put into them. Parts are not cheap.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Cheers. I just text my Cousin. Hes a mechanic and said the type of car and all about it and i got a reply "DONT TOUCH IT".

I think they all just jelous cause Im going to have a nicer and faster car than them.

Its a hard road buying a vehice. The car is mint. GT twin turbo, 1 Lady owner only, only 62,000miles, fully mint condition and never been thrashed. And I got a mean deal on it.

post some pics

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.