2002 WRX - Passenger side window won't budge with either switch

This is a discussion on 2002 WRX - Passenger side window won't budge with either switch within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Actually the window twitches just a little periodically when I try to lower it, but neither switch works to lower ...

2002 WRX - Passenger side window won't budge with either switch

Actually the window twitches just a little periodically when I try to lower it, but neither switch works to lower it like normal. Is it just a motor swap?

I need a DIY on this! Oh I just bought this car last weekend and I knew what I was getting.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Have you tried trying to help it move downwards?
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

No not yet. I can try that. I wish this forum had sections for each generation of WRX. It's hard to find '02 specific maintenance issues.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah might need a new motor. Also might need the switches cleaned. My pass side window can't be rolled-up from the passenger controls, but it can be from the driver's controls. It's unlikely that both would be affected at once.
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

The motors are around $100, so I hope I can figure out if it is indeed the motor before dropping the cash on one. Thanks.

Steve

What does the regulator do and does anyone know how to tell which one I might need, the regulator or the motor? Using the switches makes the window twitch a little but it won't come down all the way.

Bump. Right now the passenger window doesn't move or twitch when actuating either switch. Hey I made a rhyme.