02 wrx wont start..help :(

This is a discussion on 02 wrx wont start..help :( within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong forum or thread , I'm a newbie here.. but basically my ...

02 wrx wont start..help :(

I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong forum or thread , I'm a newbie here.. but basically my 02 wrx, 5 speed, sat for about two months. after finally getting it back it of course wouldn't start so we had to charge it for quite some time but finally it started and ran alright aside from rusted up brakes. a few days later I was parked in a lot and a guy hit my car. it couldnt of been that hard because the rear bumper only spider cracked, but after he hit it it wouldnt start. i tried with three pairs of jumper cables and two different peoples cars and was unable to get it going. finally i had my boyfriend push the car while i popped the clutch and it finally started just to get it home. it still has not started since and I need some advice on where to start looking first and what it might possibly be and if anyone has had the same problem? my boyfriend is thinking the starter but isn't sure ..and I just find it strange that it happened after it was lightly hit. any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! thank you.!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I would suspect the battery if the car runs OK after it starts. If the battery level is sufficiently low, even jumping the car will not start the vehicle.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I just read something on a clutch switch and went out to try and jump it again and see if it was that and theres a puddle underneath the battery case that its sitting on.

My battery likes to leave a mess as well. Make sure to neutralize and shield the areas where the battery acid touched. I know the area around my battery was very chemically hot. Paint had started to chip off.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.