What oil do you guys use? + question about brake job
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on What oil do you guys use? + question about brake job within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm due for a oil change in another 200 miles. I have been changing it with royal purple fully synthetic ...

What oil do you guys use? + question about brake job

I'm due for a oil change in another 200 miles. I have been changing it with royal purple fully synthetic since I bought the car in April of this year. The car is 02 WRX, I was just wondering what people's recommendations are, I've had no problems with royal purple since I started using it on another note though it is very pricey oil almost $10 a quart where I live. Just curious what other people use in their WRX.

Also my wear indicators for my brakes are buzzing like crazy and its annoying as **** I was just wondering should I go to the dealer to buy the brake pads? I don't know if my rotors are bad or not haven't looked at em in almost 3 months. So lets just say if I need rotors and brake pads would it be better to buy from the dealer or from lets say auto zone or any other parts store? Basically what I'm wondering is would it be better to buy the parts from the dealer instead of auto zone. Just fyi I would be replacing the brakes, not the dealer

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    ??What oil should I use??

As for brake parts, I don't suggest going through a dealership. A set of cheap blank rotors (e.g., Centric) and a set of street pads (e.g., StopTech) would be a great investment. While you're doing that, consider upgrading your fluid (e.g., ATE Super Blue). KNSBrakes has treated me well in the past...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

To clarify you're saying don't go with centric rotors? but do go with stoptech pads?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by frenziedcage
    To clarify you're saying don't go with centric rotors? but do go with stoptech pads?
    Centric rotors are great. I run Centric Premiums on my car. There's no reason to buy slotted, drilled, or slotted/drilled rotors if the car will see public roadways.

StopTech makes a great pad. A bit on the dustier side than others (it's a semi-metallic compound), but a great pad for DD duty.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.