more head light troubles...

This is a discussion on more head light troubles... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey i posted a long time ago about another problem i'd been having with my head lights. basically i had ...

more head light troubles...

hey i posted a long time ago about another problem i'd been having with my head lights.
    basically i had to replace a rotted socket that was delivering low power. it used to be that i'd turn my car on and my daily runners would be on and i could make them a little bit brighter by flipping the head light switch. now though my daily runners won't turn on but the regular headlights still work. i know that there is still good power to the daily runners since my boost gauge still lights up.

if anyone knows what it could be please let me know!
    charlie

Bugeye wrx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

no one?
    charlie

Bugeye wrx

Just covering all the bases: have you tried replacing the Daytime Running Lights?
    Mom's car bulbs had a tiny car that was invisible to the the naked eye.

If you have, does tapping on the headlight assembly turn them on? Then its just a bad connection, clean everything associated with the light. My car did this. Moisture had gotten in.

well i could definitely try bumping the headlight but i don't think it's bulbs gone bad. unless it's possible for both bulbs to go out at exactly the same time? plus when i turn on my headlights they work, it's not two separate lights between daily and night is there?
    charlie

Bugeye wrx

i did notice a build up of water in my headlights after a huge storm here (my car stays outside). but wouldn't that have affected the regular headlight function as well? sorry to keep posting randomly
    and i use a headlight restore kit that seems to get rid of fog on the inside by opening up the pores of the plastic (don't know if that's possible just my guess as to how it works) would that help?
    charlie

Bugeye wrx