03 wrx misfire...stumped!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 03 wrx misfire...stumped!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 03 wrx and right after i bought it it started misfiring i have had coil packs changed, ...

03 wrx misfire...stumped!!

I have a 03 wrx and right after i bought it it started misfiring i have had coil packs changed, compression test was good, and smoke test on exhaust...and still cant find the problem...the guy that i bought it from bought a cobb tuner and said he had his ecu flashed and had a street tune put on it...now with that info can someone give me a direction on what to start at next?? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What other mods are done to it?

Threw a misfire CEL?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Nothind else is reall y dont excep...stage2 tranny and flywheel and yes through a code for all four but 1 & 3 are primary...any ideas would help

Had this same problem mine was the timing belt it was off by two teeth. You may wanna check that. Is you CEL flashing or solid? Could also be fuel pump, fuel injectors or spark plugs could be as simple as just needing to clean the MAF. There are to many scenarios it could be. Just have to check them off the list one by one. That's what I did:P

Ok frenzie thanks for the advice...and of it is that simple i made one hell of a deal cause this guys bought it for 6500 done the lil mods and just left it alone and hasnt tried anything on it and i bought from him for 1300...so i hope its that simple

That is a really good deal, how many miles is your bugeye?

I Support ClubWRX
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I Support ClubWRX
    Flywheel? Which flywheel?

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Ultra light flywheel is all i know

I Support ClubWRX
    Once again........
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Thanks donkey thats really useful information.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.