Having problems, I'm getting a lot of error codes
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Having problems, I'm getting a lot of error codes within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello I'm new to this website and I'm glad I found it since it seems a lot of you could ...

Having problems, I'm getting a lot of error codes

Hello

I'm new to this website and I'm glad I found it since it seems a lot of you could be able to help me out with this.

Here is the story:

I had to replace the "head gasket" (not sure about the translation but it's the gasket between the motor head and the base of the motor...) and I ported the head and rebuilt the seat valve, with this I changed all the pulleys, timing belt, timing belt tensor, all the straps, cover valve gasket, spark plugs, etc...
    I have an up pipe, down pipe, cobb's SS 3" exhaust cat back, intake.

When I plugged the AP in the ECU it told me that the voltage of my battery was too high, about 0.015 volt too high. I figured it's not that of a big deal.

I loaded the stage 1 v300 91 octane program from the accessport.

Everything seem to run well. Only my idle was a little bit low but still it was running fine.

I drove about 5 or 6 miles and the service engine soon light lighten up.

It gave me these codes

PO171 : too lean
    PO420 : Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) ( I don't have a catalyst anymore) the exhaust is straight pipe
    PO304 : cyl4 misfire
    PO303 : cyl3 misfire
    PO302 : cyl2 misfire
    PO301 : cyl1 misfire
    PFFFE : which I couldn't find what's this code is about

And now the car isn't going to it's full potential. It has some kind of a lag. The explosion don't seem to be at a constant rate.

I'm not really an expert with car's mechanic, even if I am an airplane mechanic (airplan don't have ECUs or electronical injectors and what not, everything is mechanical... carburators, magnetos, etc. Or it runs with turbines. I guess I would not have any problem if I had an old car from the early 70s hehehe)

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with these codes and give me a heads up with what I should do to fix those problems?

Thanks
    Last edited by leoleking; 07-27-2012 at 10:15 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Getting similar CEL's myself.
    My Build | Facebook | I may appear calm, but in my head I've killed you three times

Re: Having problems, I'm getting a lot of error codes

What model year is your car?
    Regardless, you have an aftermarket downpipe, you should be running stage 2. Stage 1 requires a stock downpipe.

Pray you didn't melt a piston or anything hopefully you've kept it out of boost since then. Yep, modern day systems are awesomely finicky =l

Posted from a fone.
    Last edited by UEDan; 11-08-2012 at 11:29 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.