Having problems, I'm getting a lot of error codes

This is a discussion on Having problems, I'm getting a lot of error codes within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello I'm new to this website and I'm glad I found it since it seems a lot of you could ...

Having problems, I'm getting a lot of error codes

Hello

I'm new to this website and I'm glad I found it since it seems a lot of you could be able to help me out with this.

Here is the story:

I had to replace the "head gasket" (not sure about the translation but it's the gasket between the motor head and the base of the motor...) and I ported the head and rebuilt the seat valve, with this I changed all the pulleys, timing belt, timing belt tensor, all the straps, cover valve gasket, spark plugs, etc...
    I have an up pipe, down pipe, cobb's SS 3" exhaust cat back, intake.

When I plugged the AP in the ECU it told me that the voltage of my battery was too high, about 0.015 volt too high. I figured it's not that of a big deal.

I loaded the stage 1 v300 91 octane program from the accessport.

Everything seem to run well. Only my idle was a little bit low but still it was running fine.

I drove about 5 or 6 miles and the service engine soon light lighten up.

It gave me these codes

PO171 : too lean
    PO420 : Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) ( I don't have a catalyst anymore) the exhaust is straight pipe
    PO304 : cyl4 misfire
    PO303 : cyl3 misfire
    PO302 : cyl2 misfire
    PO301 : cyl1 misfire
    PFFFE : which I couldn't find what's this code is about

And now the car isn't going to it's full potential. It has some kind of a lag. The explosion don't seem to be at a constant rate.

I'm not really an expert with car's mechanic, even if I am an airplane mechanic (airplan don't have ECUs or electronical injectors and what not, everything is mechanical... carburators, magnetos, etc. Or it runs with turbines. I guess I would not have any problem if I had an old car from the early 70s hehehe)

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with these codes and give me a heads up with what I should do to fix those problems?

Thanks
    Last edited by leoleking; 07-27-2012 at 10:15 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Getting similar CEL's myself.
    Clarke Tuned | Cobb SRI | Cobb DP | Nameless Mid-Pipe & Axleback | PW TMIC | DW65C | NGK2309 | SPT STS | RA Flaps w/Blue | Pro-Clip | KB Black Aluminum Shift Knob | KB Front & Rear Shifter Bushings | 18x9.5 +40 Gunmetal Rota D wrapped in 265/35ZR-18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 | 24mm Whiteline Front Sway & 22mm Rear | Kartboy Front & Rear Endlinks | Yakima Roof Rack Complete System w/ Highroller Bike Rack & Yakima Fairing | 35% Tint | Full Sound Dead | Blue Prova Rearview

Re: Having problems, I'm getting a lot of error codes

What model year is your car?
    Regardless, you have an aftermarket downpipe, you should be running stage 2. Stage 1 requires a stock downpipe.

Pray you didn't melt a piston or anything hopefully you've kept it out of boost since then. Yep, modern day systems are awesomely finicky =l

Posted from a fone.
    Last edited by UEDan; 11-08-2012 at 11:29 AM.