Fuse issue - LED KIT - 2012 WRX

This is a discussion on Fuse issue - LED KIT - 2012 WRX within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2012 wrx. I am hooking up an led kit and want them to turn on when the ...

I have a 2012 wrx. I am hooking up an led kit and want them to turn on when the doors open.

Which fuse do i need to plug into? Does it have to be the fuse that the dome lights are on? If so, what number fuse is it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I would consult the fuse map specific to your vehicle. One consideration: the light control (door open; light on) is likely controlled AFTER the fuse box meaning that the LEDs may not act the same way as you hope (since you can still turn on the dome light with the doors closed). You may have to end up splicing into the dome lighting switch.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    I would consult the fuse map specific to your vehicle. One consideration: the light control (door open; light on) is likely controlled AFTER the fuse box meaning that the LEDs may not act the same way as you hope (since you can still turn on the dome light with the doors closed). You may have to end up splicing into the dome lighting switch.
    thanks. the car manual was no help.

The kit calls for the LED kit's ground wire to be attached to the dome light ground wire by the door switch (they say this will allow an open door to turn on the lights), which i did, and the power to be connected to a fuse via an "add-a-circuit". the "add-a-circuit" needs to be inserted into a spot which has a constant power source. That is where i am stuck. i figure whatever fuse the dome lights where on was my best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by dloring View Post
    thanks. the car manual was no help.

The kit calls for the LED kit's ground wire to be attached to the dome light ground wire by the door switch (they say this will allow an open door to turn on the lights), which i did, and the power to be connected to a fuse via an "add-a-circuit". the "add-a-circuit" needs to be inserted into a spot which has a constant power source. That is where i am stuck. i figure whatever fuse the dome lights where on was my best bet.
    The negative ground wire will be what controls it turning off and on, ergo why it should be connected to the dome light switch. The power needs to stay constant, so connect that to the positive power wire of the clock pod or something like that (or look for the constant power wire behind the stereo...usually red or yellow).
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying