Just bought my subie

This is a discussion on Just bought my subie within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; And of course there's questions. I have an 05 wrx it has 130,000 miles and I have no issues or ...

Just bought my subie

And of course there's questions. I have an 05 wrx it has 130,000 miles and I have no issues or complaints about the car until today. Wen I bought the car I made sure all of the maintenence was done(I am a mechanic) so I know everything would be good to go. As I was driving bak from LA some piece o s#%@ Honda had to be put in its place do I just have him a taste, nothing crazy but as exit the freeway I saw coolant on my windshield and all over my engine bay, but the car was not over heating. Anybody else ever have this problem or maybe know what it could be?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    As you know it could be anything. Was it escaping from the seam at the cowl? How was it hitting the windscreen?

Tomorrow at your shop do a pressure test and please post back.

Meanwhile wash off the coolant from all painted areas.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

It's hard to tell.. I just know the plastic reservoir was empty, and the inter cooler reservoir sounded like the coolant was bubbling inside. It was at the end of a two hour drive coming back from LA, maybe it could of boiled past the cap? And how it got on the windshield beats me

I Support ClubWRX
    With coolant everywhere the fault should be large enough to see relatively easily in daylight. I'd start at the nose and look until I found it. Good luck.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    welcome to the club and congrats on your new subie.

also, please avoid dodging the swear filter. thanks!

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    1)
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Tomorrow at your shop do a pressure test and please post back.

Meanwhile wash off the coolant from all painted areas.
    2)
    Stop street racing. You're making my insurance rates go up.
    * * COMPLETE PART-OUT STARTS FRIDAY, AUG 1, 2014. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

Quote Originally Posted by lokey View Post
    2) Stop street racing. You're making my insurance rates go up.
    I was thinking the SAME thing!

let me know what you find because my coolant reservoir is empty too and every time i lift up my hood after driving it sounds like my coolant is bubbling. could be that it's nearly 100 degrees everyday where i am