p1400 CEL code...

This is a discussion on p1400 CEL code... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So i recently thru a p1400 code. Fuel tank pressure control solenoid failure or short. So i do all my ...

p1400 CEL code...

So i recently thru a p1400 code. Fuel tank pressure control solenoid failure or short. So i do all my own work usually but I can't seem to find anything on iwsti or on this website that pertains to this particular code. I have gone to numerous shops and have been told 6 different things. One of these things are that the solenoid is on the top of the tank and the tank needs to be dropped, therefore the rear diff has to be dropped as well. is this true? If anyone has a minute to bs with me about this it would be greatly appreciated. So far the quotes have reached 908 big ones so I'm really trying to do this myself if i can. Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Easiest thing to check first is your gas cap. Make sure it's in and on tight.

After that, you're probably going on an adventure. Here is how one person fixed his issue:

How-To: Fix CELs P1400 and P0447 - Fuel Evap. issues. - NASIOC
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    Easiest thing to check first is your gas cap. Make sure it's in and on tight.

After that, you're probably going on an adventure. Here is how one person fixed his issue:

How-To: Fix CELs P1400 and P0447 - Fuel Evap. issues. - NASIOC
    Ya i checked the gas cap and thats not the issue, thanks for this write up. I saw this one last night on NASIOC, i barely got onto that forum so i think ill spend the day toying with the charcoal canister and see what i can come up with.