Front Brakes...

This is a discussion on Front Brakes... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I seem to have run into a snag with replacing the front pads on my 03 wrx. Once I finished ...

Front Brakes...

I seem to have run into a snag with replacing the front pads on my 03 wrx. Once I finished installing the new ones my drivers side wheel makes a clicking sound when driving straight at 35+mph, the pass. side wheel grinds when I turrn all the way to left, and my steering wheel shakes slightly at low speeds and with gradually increasing violence as my speed increases. I had the rotors turned, and replaced the pads and the caliper mounting bolts. i used disc brake hardware lubricant where ever needed. I am assuming that I put something back together incorrectly. Does anyone have any exploded view of the front braking system that I could use as a reference? Or does any body have any clues as to what may be causing this? Maybe over/under torquing a bolt?
    Life moves pretty fast... if you don't stop and buy a Subaru you could miss it...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Under torqued lug nuts come to mind.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Under torqued lug nuts come to mind.
    I checked that first, they were over torqued, but I corrected that and the problem persists
    Life moves pretty fast... if you don't stop and buy a Subaru you could miss it...

I Support ClubWRX
    Are the wheels seated correctly?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

FMS

Does it make noise while turning and moving?
    OPEN 7 Days a week|We match and beat advertised prices and sales|855.447.8288

AOL Instant Messenger: FlatlineMotorsports.mason@gmail.com

Link: Flatline Motorsports Online Store
    Link: Flatline Motorsports Facebook

since i lowered the lug torque the drivers side has stopped making noise but when I make a complete left hand circle the pass side is still rubbing causing a rough metallic grinding noise. I have a feeling its the top edge of the rotor rubbing the caliper mounting bracket, as there are no visible grooves being made on the braking surface of the rotor. If it is that the wheel is not seated properly how would I confirm that? I've taken the wheel off several times is there a remounting trick with these cars that I am not privvy to?