Sensor problem after installing defi boost gauge

This is a discussion on Sensor problem after installing defi boost gauge within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi guys, i was told to start a new thread about my issue so heres the original message. It would ...

Unhappy Sensor problem after installing defi boost gauge

Hi guys, i was told to start a new thread about my issue so heres the original message. It would be great if someone can help me out.

Ever since i installed my defi red racer gauge, tire pressure warning light comes and stays on the whole time, cruise control light comes on and off randomly while driving, the hill assist light comes on(which i think means that the system is deactivated, according to the manual). Ive put air in for all tires and they look fine. In the manual, it says that if the tire pressure warning light blinks for a minute and stays on the whole time, the sensor is not working properly and that i gotta contacy a subaru dealer. Are all these relating to my recent installation of boost gauge????

Someone has replied saying that my car has most likely gone into limp mode and i have CEL? I will do a search on it but can someone explain what that means?? Sorry for all this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So i did find out what CEL and limp mode is.. But is it relating to the installation of defi boost gauge?? Upon searching thru the forum, i couldnt find anyone that had the same issues with defi gauge...

We need more information. What year car and mods. STI or WRX. Etc.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

I Support ClubWRX
    It sounds like you have a short in your wiring. Can you put together a wiring diagram of exactly how you wired the gauges? Where did you put the sensor? Pics of your wiring?

I wired my Defi out of the clock pod wiring harness (on a 2003 WRX), and used vampire clips to safely tap the existing wiring.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Thanks for the quick response. I have a 2010 sti and i put my defi behind steering wheel to the left. I'll try to get a pics of wiring. Once i disconnect the gauge, all the warning lights go off and back to normal. I still have warranty if i take it to the dealer, would they fix it?? All i know is that they dont fix any problems caused by personal modifying..

Quote Originally Posted by oms0916 View Post
    Once i disconnect the gauge, all the warning lights go off and back to normal.
    Once you disconnect it from where? The fuse box? Where did you tap into the boost line at?

The fact that when you remove it and your problem is fixed, clearly tells you that it was something that you did wrong. Good news of that is: it's something that can be fixed and have work properly.

Quote Originally Posted by oms0916 View Post
    I still have warranty if i take it to the dealer, would they fix it?? All i know is that they dont fix any problems caused by personal modifying..
    No, Subaru will not fix or correct the modifications you have done to your vehicle. As stated above, when you take the gauge out and all the lights go off and the car is normal is a 100% indication of wrong installation.

As requested, post some pics of how you wired it and how you tapped into the boost line.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX