Reverse light switch question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Reverse light switch question within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Can you replace the reverse light switch, part number 32005aa081, without dropping the transmission? Is it a PITA or is ...

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX

Reverse light switch question

Can you replace the reverse light switch, part number 32005aa081, without dropping the transmission? Is it a PITA or is this a straight forward job?
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

IDK, but somewhere I got the shop manual for my 08+ in PDF. Look around and see if you can't find this type of info on your model. It's useful for just about anything, you'll use it all the time, just to see how things come apart and are put together...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX
    I did the fix today. Jacked the car up, crawled under, looked at the drives side of tr transmission and saw the bolt and connector not attached. Used a open ended wrench and switched out the parts. FYI when you pull the sensor bolt, fluid will slowly drop out, so do the swap quick. Easy 10 minute fix.
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.