New to club. Help please!

This is a discussion on New to club. Help please! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Okay, so I'm new here. And to forums. I need help with the wrx I just bought. I think I ...

Question New to club. Help please!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0160.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	106747Okay, so I'm new here. And to forums. I need help with the wrx I just bought. I think I have most of the issues sorted out. However, I had a non turbo 96 impreza, so while I'm familiar with subaru, a lot of the wrx systems are unknown to me. My big question right now is I have this hose that isn't plugged into anything on one end. The car seems to run okay, but my mileage is only about 23 all highway. One end of the hose is plugged into something mounted on the block under the drivers side of the intercooler. I don't see where the other end is supposed to go. I'll post pics if I can figure out how, but it's hard to see anything where it's at. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0158.jpg  
    Last edited by Dogtooth96; 07-11-2012 at 02:24 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

FMS

That looks like the vacuum line that connects to the top of the stock BOV displayed in this video. Second, I can see the line hooked up to your BOV with a rusty bolt in it.

hope this helped.
    Greddy RS BOV install on 2005 WRX - YouTube
    Last edited by FMS; 07-11-2012 at 08:58 PM.
    OPEN 7 Days a week|We match and beat advertised prices and sales|855.447.8288

AOL Instant Messenger: FlatlineMotorsports.mason@gmail.com

Link: Flatline Motorsports Online Store
    Link: Flatline Motorsports Facebook

Smile Thank you FMS.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtooth96 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0160.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	106747Okay, so I'm new here. And to forums. I need help with the wrx I just bought. I think I have most of the issues sorted out. However, I had a non turbo 96 impreza, so while I'm familiar with subaru, a lot of the wrx systems are unknown to me. My big question right now is I have this hose that isn't plugged into anything on one end. The car seems to run okay, but my mileage is only about 23 all highway. One end of the hose is plugged into something mounted on the block under the drivers side of the intercooler. I don't see where the other end is supposed to go. I'll post pics if I can figure out how, but it's hard to see anything where it's at. Any help would be much appreciated.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Just to throw this out there, if your BPV is properly connected, there's a drain tune that connects to the rear driver's side TGV. It is in precisely the same spot and can be brought up by the TMIC. I was actually just scratching my head about it last night!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

FMS

NP was that vacuum line to the BOV?
    OPEN 7 Days a week|We match and beat advertised prices and sales|855.447.8288

AOL Instant Messenger: FlatlineMotorsports.mason@gmail.com

Link: Flatline Motorsports Online Store
    Link: Flatline Motorsports Facebook

geez. sorry it took me so long to reply everyone. i started this thread using my android, but it wouldnt let me use the quick reply box. im borrowing a comp. right now for this. anyway zax- what is the TGV? and to FMS i have a hose connecting to the BPV on the top like in the stock one from the video, but this other disconnected hose is going to some sort of sensor/electronic device? that was what that other pic was for. to show the back of the motor under the intercooler.

Also i have a friend who has like a 02 wrx? and he was saying the line with the rusty bolt in it is where you would hook up a boost gauge. also the disconnected hose is significantly bigger than the fitting the bolt is rammed into.