coolant leaking just right behind the oil pan

This is a discussion on coolant leaking just right behind the oil pan within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello, my 02 wrx has been leaking very light for some time but recently i noticed that its been leaking ...

coolant leaking just right behind the oil pan

Hello, my 02 wrx has been leaking very light for some time but recently i noticed that its been leaking quite a bit. I can't exactly pin point where it may be coming from but it looks like somewhere behind the oil pan. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wrx1.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	120.1 KB 
ID:	106705Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wrx2.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	107.4 KB 
ID:	106706

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Did you check the area around your turbo? These cars use coolant to cool down the turbo so it may be leaking from a cracked hose or something. It may also help to try and clean it all up as best as possible and then check a day later to see where it may be coming from.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Registered User Jables_WRX_Junki's Avatar
    Ive been having the exact same problem with my 02 bugeye. Started to leave palm sized puddles . This started when it got really cold outside ( below freezing) and it only happens during the first start up of the day. I probably park and restarts the car atleast 5-8 times a day, maaaaabey more. And it only would leak on the first start of the day. This has been going on for about 2 weeks now. Well just yesterday morning, not only did it start dripping again , but it was sizzzling coolant creating smoke. I noticed it smoke coming from my front grill and hood scoop. It dripping onto a pipe right by my front passenger wheel, just on the inside of it. Im not very knowledgable of the wrx yet, only had my baby for aboyt 5 months now and still learnin. I knoww....newbie over here....lol. Did you ever figure out what ur problem was? Im going to go out right now and snap some pics now that its not raining out ( portland,or) .