HELP! My 04 WRX sedan's low beams + DRLs And passenger fog Not working! (Non HID)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on HELP! My 04 WRX sedan's low beams + DRLs And passenger fog Not working! (Non HID) within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys this is my fist post. I recently bought a blue 04 wrx sedan, about 3 weeks after i ...

HELP! My 04 WRX sedan's low beams + DRLs And passenger fog Not working! (Non HID)

Hey guys this is my fist post. I recently bought a blue 04 wrx sedan, about 3 weeks after i got it the passenger low beam went out ( no biggie got two new ones and threw em in and i was good to go.) Was fine for about 5 months untill i noticed the passenger fog light went out. (again no biggie, i think, i have the new bulbs but have been lazy about getting the fog light assembly on the bumper. So 3 nights ago a friend pointed out that my driver side low beam was out. i was surprised because i just threw a new bulb in there not too long ago, okay. So last night i go to run to the store and notice that now BOTH low beams are dead and i now only have one fog light and the hi beams. HELP!! please, are the h1 bulbs for wrx's supposed to be dual filament or something? whats going on here? Im kind of a newb when it comes to electrical stuff.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    What are the wattage ratings on the bulbs you're trying to use?
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

H1-55w

I Support ClubWRX
    Have you checked your fuses? What brand of bulbs are you using?
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

sylvania medium brand, the ones that were like 15 each. yes i checked the fuses. i dont know how to remove the glove box to get to the drl module. i guess my next step is to pick up a multimeter. where should i start proding ?

I Support ClubWRX
    I wish I could tell you where to start checking, but I'm not exactly a whizz with electrical either. Make sure you have the lights seated properly in their housings before starting anything, I made the mistake with my last bulb change of not putting the light completely into the socket, so after a few months of driving it started to flicker and not turn on at times.

After that, start looking for broken grounds.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    I wish I could tell you where to start checking, but I'm not exactly a whizz with electrical either. Make sure you have the lights seated properly in their housings before starting anything, I made the mistake with my last bulb change of not putting the light completely into the socket, so after a few months of driving it started to flicker and not turn on at times.

After that, start looking for broken grounds.
    Before we send him chasing gremlins, I have one question for the OP; when installing the bulbs did you touch the glass? That will GREATLY reduce the life of the bulb.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Before we send him chasing gremlins, I have one question for the OP; when installing the bulbs did you touch the glass? That will GREATLY reduce the life of the bulb.

^^^ This. Always handle bulbs with gloves to avoid smudging the glass.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.