hesitation between 2.5k and 3k rpm

This is a discussion on hesitation between 2.5k and 3k rpm within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have 09 wrx. It was running fine on my e85 map. I switched to my 93oct map and noticed ...

hesitation between 2.5k and 3k rpm

I have 09 wrx. It was running fine on my e85 map. I switched to my 93oct map and noticed the problem. It was more from 2k rpm to 3k rpm, but really bad between 2.5 and 3k.

Talked to my tuner and sent him a log, he said it looked good. I decided to send him the map to see if something was wrong while i switched back to e85. He checked the map and said it looked good as well. Now i'm having problems while on my e85 map.

It's not as bad, but still noticeable. It feels like hesitation, or jerkyness from the car while slowly accelerating. It's not noticable when under wot. Initial thoughts were it might be the spark plugs, or fuel injectors. currently have dw 1000 injectors and 1 step colder plugs.

Any ideas? (or even suggestion for new plugs to try)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Do you have logs of the condition occurring? If so, upload them to Google Docs and make them public.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC