Spark Plug Fun !!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Spark Plug Fun !!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; In case yall didn't already know changing spark plugs on our cars is soo so much fun After 2 hours ...

Spark Plug Fun !!!

In case yall didn't already know changing spark plugs on our cars is soo so much fun After 2 hours of work I now know why a shop would charge so much! At least I know how to change spark plug on a wrx now and can check that off my list of thing to learn. Guess I will look at the glass half full had to vent after that job!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've only helped my buddy do his 05 Sti, and when I say help I mean I handed him some stuff. Just not enough room for us both to get in there to get those babies out! Def a crappy job but hey like you said you learned how to do it and didn't get charged an arm and a leg.

I Support ClubWRX
    It kinda depends on the MY....some of them are 'easy' and can be done in 25-30 minutes.....the new ones on the other hand scuk. I spent 4 hours over three attempts to change them myself, though broke down and paid the stealership to do it. Come to find out that they unbolt the block from the car so they can tilt the engine enough to get to get them changed. Took them 1.5 hours.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I Support ClubWRX
    Not fun but feasible DIY in the earlier cars.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

yea it was in an 05 so not terrible. At least I dont have to worry about it for a long will in my '12!

I Support ClubWRX
    I was surprised to hear at CretinFest that it was so much harder on the newer cars. That's a shame...I guess a compromise made by Subaru to accomplish some other goal.

It's not like it was on my old cars with inline-4's, or even the V8's with room under the hood, but my 2002 isn't so bad.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.