Clutch Clicking Sound...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Clutch Clicking Sound... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok, before I get people telling me to search this, I've done so already and have learned a decent amount ...

Clutch Clicking Sound...

Ok, before I get people telling me to search this, I've done so already and have learned a decent amount about it but was curious if anyone more recently has been having this problem with the 2012 and what they've done and/or the dealership did.
    From what I've read, people say it's the Master Cylinder that is clicking when the cruise control is engaged. Also, I remember something about someone saying that there could be a crap in the firewall... Sounds like most people have to call SOA to get this worked out, but some have gotten a complete replacement. I'm just kind of pissed off that my BRAND NEW CAR (250 miles) is already doing something like this. This click sound every time I push down the clutch might as well be nails on a chalkboard for me. I want to get this fixed because something else I read is that it just keeps getting worse.
    2012 WRB WRX Sedan ...
    BPanda Build
    ...On order since 5/14/2012
    ...Picked up on 6/29/2012

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ive read about this before in another thread. I personally dont have this problem, but id have A dealership check it out if its brandy new and under warantee

I'm going to, the problem is though, all the good dealerships are 45 minutes away from me which is kinda annoying.
    2012 WRB WRX Sedan ...
    BPanda Build

So you're hearing a click when pressing down the clutch pedal? Can't say I've noticed anything like that in my 12.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Yeah, after about pushing it down 3 inches is clicks and then when I let it back up it clicks again. It's faint now, but it's so annoying and I hear it only gets worse in time
    2012 WRB WRX Sedan ...
    BPanda Build

I haven't noticed anything, but if it's faint maybe I was chalking it up to the noisy driveline in these cars. I'll have to pay attention next time I'm driving.
    - Will

Doesn't have to be in drive, you can push in the clutch with the car off and you can hear it, quite annoying. To be honest, I'm hoping my Nameless Performance AxelBack Exhaust will be loud enough to drown out the sound. Should be in on Tuesday and definitely installed that nite.
    2012 WRB WRX Sedan ...
    BPanda Build

I have noticed the same thing on my 2012 STI hatch....can really hear it going through drive thrus etc...mine is really bad...thought it was just the hydraulics....seems to do it when breaking sometimes as well...glad to hear i'm not the only one...i think it has to do with the anti roll back system??? Will keep a close eye on tjis thread and since i'm not the only one will call the dealership...have 2200km on mine and done it since day one....

Banned
    I had it on my 2009 wrx but because it was my first manual trans. I assumed it was normal. It really didn't bother me and it wasn't causing damage to the car so I didn't care.

Definitely not a normal thing. This is my fourth stick and non made that sound when engaging the clutch
    2012 WRB WRX Sedan ...
    BPanda Build

yep, similar thing on my 2011. But only clicks when I first depress it...and only one single click (I've heard other people talking of multiple clicks)...dealership told me it was the 'neutral switch', and totally normal.....But, compared to ruthie, I swear it didn't do it since day one......will bring it to another dealership to see this week.

Will keep you updated.

Thanks, if you look it up there are a lot of stories about this problem with dealers all handling it in different ways
    2012 WRB WRX Sedan ...
    BPanda Build

I replied in another thread, but I'll say it again.

I heard something very faint with the car off, couldn't hear it when I was driving. I dunno :shrug:
    - Will

I Support ClubWRX
    I remember reading somewhere that at least one person was told the sound was a spring under the dash that was rubbing or in some other way making a noise as it stretched/contracted. If that is the case, you could likely track it down yourself by parking on flat ground, sitting upside-down in the seat and pressing the clutch with your hand while the car is off.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I Support ClubWRX
    Mine whined and rubbed when it was the spring I seem to recall. OTOH I've looked at the pedal while fixing the cruise control switch and could not find a spring, though I didn't look hard. I fixed the noise by ignoring it until it went away. On a new car I'd ask the dealer.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.