05 is loosing power - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 05 is loosing power within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Blue Rabbit Yesterday, I gave full throttle (releasing the clutch around 1200 rpm as a test) and ...

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Rabbit View Post
    Yesterday, I gave full throttle (releasing the clutch around 1200 rpm as a test) and getting through a normal 2 lane road intersection I was doing 10-15 mph. 4-6 seconds to pass through
    Gave full throttle in first gear? Are you sure you're doing it right?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Are you trying to launch it and bogging it down?
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Just sounds like his car has no grunt before 3,000 RPM? I would say this is normal though if that be the case. I have 1500RPM...nothing 2000RPM....nothing 3000RPM.....meh 3200RPM ZOMGWTFBBQ....

If this is what you are talking about you may just be getting used to the power delivery. Maybe consider a Accessport?

I'm going to close this thread up. While I had very diminished power, I"m going to attribute it to the age of the car and excessive heat we are having.

Compression didn't seems to be an issue; there is no oil or coolant in the exhaust.

thanks for the help all. I'm still going to check on codes. Also got quoted $600 plus parts for a timing belt change. Yowch. That makes me feel like it's worth a days work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12