turbo not spooling correctly.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on turbo not spooling correctly. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i thought it was just my gauge being retarded, usually spools to 15psi but is only goin to 5psi, it ...

turbo not spooling correctly.

i thought it was just my gauge being retarded, usually spools to 15psi but is only goin to 5psi, it is not even pulling like it normally does, i believe it is a vacuum line, what could it be? and what are the fixes to it? is it hard to fix? easy? i need help please. thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Car? Year? Mods?

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

02 impreza wrx, 3" catless exhaust, faze boost gauge, k&n intake, aftermarket BOV (dont know the brand) some ghetto turbo timer (only works as a volts meter).

I Support ClubWRX
    Do a boost leak test.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Do a smoke test for leaks, I'll bet either intake or bov related. Is the car tuned?
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

just wondering, but since its got to do with spooling how would the BOV effect that? and not that i know of, im still trying to figure out what all the prev owner did to it. i havent had it for long, but am trying to get it too 100%, not stock but fix all its probs.

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Unless your blow off valve is leaking air (which is possible), it won't affect it otherwise. Your blow off valve is supposed to stay closed as you're building pressure then it opens when it releases air to prevent compressor surge. Basically, the time you're looking to build up your pressure, all its doing is staying closed.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

Quote Originally Posted by TurboScubi View Post
    just wondering, but since its got to do with spooling how would the BOV effect that? and not that i know of, im still trying to figure out what all the prev owner did to it. i havent had it for long, but am trying to get it too 100%, not stock but fix all its probs.
    It can do exactly as Kronos said, especially being a knock off one. If the car isn't tuned and modded incorrectly I'm sure it could throw it into limp mode as well, I'd do the leak test first.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by cjm1991 View Post
    It can do exactly as Kronos said, especially being a knock off one. If the car isn't tuned and modded incorrectly I'm sure it could throw it into limp mode as well, I'd do the leak test first.
    yeah i suppose i can see where the bov would mess it up. lol. thanks.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.