White smoke and heater not working.

This is a discussion on White smoke and heater not working. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey everyone , I recently bought a 95 WRX and sometimes when it idles white smoke will emit from the ...

White smoke and heater not working.

Hey everyone , I recently bought a 95 WRX and sometimes when it idles white smoke will emit from the exhaust, not the engine bay at all just the exhaust. The heater also doesn't work. Are these two problems a co incidence? The coolant level is very very low, near empty. Should I fill it up and see what happens? And what coolant should I use?

Cheers guys much appreciated!

Jesse

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You could be burning coolant and thats why thats happening. Not 100% if both are related to each other.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! - www.kronosperformance.com - Call/Text 732-742-8837 |
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount
    Kronos has Special Pricings on Process West & Agency Power!
    CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS

You shouldn't be running a car with low coolant. It's almost as essential as oil to the safe operation of your engine. The two things issues you have could entirely be related. White smoke from the exhaust usually indicates coolant being burned. It sounds like you may have a bad head gasket. If you value the car and most importantly the engine, you should have this figured out as soon as possible.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading