OBDII Scanner Software for Laptop

This is a discussion on OBDII Scanner Software for Laptop within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys! My dad wanted me to hunt down a OBDII scanner for him that was relatively cheap (Around 200 ...

OBDII Scanner Software for Laptop

Hey guys!

My dad wanted me to hunt down a OBDII scanner for him that was relatively cheap (Around 200 bucks). He wants it to be able to give codes and reset codes. I said why don't you get software for your laptop, he said good idea.. So now since I would have no clue where to start... I figured I'd ask you guys! Does anyone recommend any OBDII software that is on the cheaper end and decent?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Do you know if this will do vehicles other then subaru? Looking for an all around scanner. Family has a mixture of ford,jeep, and soon to be subaru... lol

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by squiRe2001 View Post
    Do you know if this will do vehicles other then subaru? Looking for an all around scanner. Family has a mixture of ford,jeep, and soon to be subaru... lol
    No, only Subaru. Do you have a harbor freight around where you live? Because you can get an OBDII tool for 80 bucks there. That's what I have for mine.

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    No, only Subaru. Do you have a harbor freight around where you live? Because you can get an OBDII tool for 80 bucks there. That's what I have for mine.
    I do, but was looking for a scanner where I didnt have to flip through a book to find out the codes that its throwing.( I guess thats being lazy :-/ ) Also want to be able to reset codes.

If they're all OBDII, and you have an Android phone, check out the Torque app. It's only $4.99 and it works with a $25 bluetooth adapter.
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

I Support ClubWRX
    I do, but was looking for a scanner where I didnt have to flip through a book to find out the codes that its throwing.( I guess thats being lazy :-/ ) Also want to be able to reset codes.
    You are being lazy...and I don't know of any code readers that tell you exactly what the code means. The codes are all pretty generic though. I can reset codes with my reader.

Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    If they're all OBDII, and you have an Android phone, check out the Torque app. It's only $4.99 and it works with a $25 bluetooth adapter.
    Thanks! I'll check that out

Thanks! I'll check that out
    You also get a fun toy to play around with in your WRX. See this link, from about post #40 and down: Good 2012 WRX mods???
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

Thanks guys! I'll have to do some comparing now

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    2013 WRX Sedan DGM

-Paul